2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding the processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Types of Data We Collect. "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us. We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network ("Account"). We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you complete any field in our checkout process. When you order products on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support. We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(c) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party's names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways: to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our Site; provide the products and services you request; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site; send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created; send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products, for other marketing purposes of Company, and regarding relevant partner offers
(b) Creation and use of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of the Site and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
7. Third Party Data Collection.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(a) Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data. (i) We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or products. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
9. Security of Your Personal Data. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
12. Your California Privacy Rights CALIFORNIA’S “SHINE THE LIGHT” LAW.
Companies that collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) from California residents and disclose such information to Third Parties (including affiliated entities) for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with Third Parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your PII not be shared with Third Parties by sending your request, including your full name, email address and postal address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210 or by email to email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT.
We do not track our customers over time and across Third Party websites to provide targeted advertising and, therefore, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some Third Party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser allows you to set the DNT signal so that Third Parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.